How does it work?
Authorizing a navigation accuracy from 0.3NM down to 0.1NM and turns after the final approach point, the RNP AR concept offers significant operational and safety benefits, positively impacting fuel consumption and pilot workload.
Targeted implementation of RNP AR can improve access to low visibility airports, allow improved trajectories through mountainous terrain, exploit aircraft performance at high-altitude, avoid areas of known extreme turbulence, increase capacity for independent parallel runway operations, and improve payload for departures in an obstacle-rich environment.
The end-to-end NAVBLUE solution, which ensures airlines are supported at every step of the process and all stakeholders are involved, includes the following:
- Feasibility study
- Support for RNP AR upgrade on the aircraft
- Procedure design and validation, adapted to specific operational challenge:
- RNP AR down to 0.1
- RNP AR departures
- RNP AR to ILS
- Operational approval including Flight Operations Safety Assessment (FOSA)
- Navigation database validation
- RAIM prediction
- Crew training, train-the-trainer approach
- Support to regulators
- ATC training
As each customer is unique, NAVBLUE adapts the procedure to the aircraft type and provides a modular offer.