How does it work?
NAVBLUE and AIRBUS have extended new functionalities over and above ROPS+ to further enhance safety.
Derived from the Honeywell SmartLanding® technology, Landing Surveillance+ is composed of three functions:
- Altimeter Setting Monitor (ALTSM): Issues a caution alert when incorrect altimeter setting is detected when QNH or QFE barometric reference is set
- Taxiway Landing Monitor (TLM):: Issues a warning alert when the aircraft is approaching a taxiway or a non-operational runway
- Approach Stabilization Monitor (APPSM): Issues an anticipating advisory alert when stabilization is not recoverable at 500 ft (vertical and/or speed deviations).
Since 2019, Altimeter Setting Monitor is certified on A320 and A330 aircraft families. Both Approach Stabilization Monitor and Taxiway Landing Monitor are planned to be certified in the next release.
Being initially certified on Honeywell EGPWS platform, Altimeter Setting Monitor is available in retrofit via an upgrade package which includes:
- Aircraft configuration compatibility check; and
- A set of relevant SBs (Service Bulletins); and
- The seller-furnished equipment (the “SFE Kits”); and
- The update of technical and operational manuals of the aircraft
NAVBLUE’s Experts offer support to customers:
- Support is provided by Airbus Engineering support via TechRequest and NAVBLUE Runway Safety Specialists