How does it work?
ROPS+ continuously monitors the aircraft’s position with respect to the remaining runway length and calculates whether the aircraft can safely come to a stop. ROPS+ alerts are designed to effectively guide and assist the crew in the go-around decision-making process or, when on ground, the timely application of deceleration means.
ROPS+ key features:
- Automatically detects the landing runway and updates in case of late change of runway
- Continuously monitors the aircraft speed and height during the landing phase
- Updates the calculation of stopping distance 8 times per second based on real-time conditions
- In-Air – generates alerts to warn the flight crew of overrun risk and aid in go-around decision
- On-Ground – if overrun risk exists, generates alerts to solicit flight crew to use all available deceleration means
First EASA type certified in 2009, ROPS+ is available and in service on the Airbus A320, A330, A350 and A380 aircraft families.
ROPS+ is available in linefit and in retrofit via a retrofit package:
- A set of relevant SBs (Service Bulletins); and
- The seller furnished equipment (the “SFE Kits”); and
- The update of technical and operational manuals of the aircraft; and
- Provision of aircraft configuration control
Our support to customer:
- Training material (eLearning) and Ops Briefing Package
- Ensure all airfields data are precise enough for the operations
- Access to a dedicated hull cover
- Support is provided by Airbus Engineering Support via TechRequest and NAVBLUE Runway Safety Specialists